06 September 2006

Back to the blog yo!

What up my people?

It's been a while - true dat.

Partially because I'm evidently not as self-absorbed as I thought (yay!) and partially because this summer has turned into a big crappy breakup fest (boo!). It does suck when something you believe in ends... really shakes the foundations.

It's amazing though... a person can just settle into a path, without questioning it. Somehow, over the last 5 years or whatever, I stopped considering being with Darcy as a choice... more just a fact of my life. It's good to be reminded that your circumstance, your relationship, your lifestyle, your job, your home - hell, absolutely everything in your life - is 100% a choice you've made, and one that you have complete control over. So, at the end of all this bullshit, I feel... stronger and in better touch with myself. Some of the time.

But who wants to hear about such misfortune? Not me... also because I'm following the advice of one Mariah Carey, trying to shake it off, with a healthy dose of sleaze and excess. It's all good.

So expect to find more photos, pop culture randomness, and all around goodness as I wander these lonely streets.

Also, check out nerdcorehiphop.org for some of the flyest nerd beats ever dropped. I am actually considering writing my own nerd-core track. So far I have some sweet ideas, but, you know, zero skills on the mic, decks or board. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beckster, I'd love to help you produce a nerdcore hip-hop track...

jasonzc @ yahoo.com. I did produce the longest, first ever nerdcore posse track, with 13 MCs, 16 minutes long. My production is pretty hit and miss, but I do better working with other people.

Anyway, thanks for the support.