02 March 2006

Predestination...

So I was just looking up my birthdate on Wikipedia... you know, the kind of thing you do when you have 3 minutes to spare while a program restarts. That was me covering my ass because I've now sent this link to co-workers, and am worried about managing perception. It's downtime people!

Irregardless.

Lo and behold, what do I discover, but this amazing fact:

November 6, 1889 - Nintendo Koppai (Later Nintendo Company, Limited) founded by Fusajiro Yamauchi to produce and market the playing card game Hanafuda.

Okay, so first of all, who knew that Nintendo was founded in the 19th century?!?

Second of all, doesn't it make so much sense? No wonder I would trade everyone I love for ten minutes with these guys.



Although clearly I would use the ten minutes to end the tyranny of Mario, and make it the all Luigi show. Who doesn't love Luigi more? He's more laid back, cooler, and yes, I'll say it - hotter than Mario. But yet he's alway Player 2, he rarely gets his own game, and he's basically always living in Mario's shadow. I mean look at Mario up there, showboating his stupid head off while Luigi's all scratching his nose like he know's SOMETHING stinks. I'll tell you what stinks - Mario playing Midler to Luigi's whoever played the other person in Beaches.

F-that. Luigi rocks the Mushroom Kingdom. Word.

3 comments:

Rhya said...

Holy yes yes yes.
becca i totally miss my mario partner in crime.
oh my god i am so excited that you have a blog.
have you heard, have you heard that there is a new Mario game for the Nitendo DS!!!!
also kyle found this downloadable Mario game on line that uses the engine from mario three.

Anyways, it totally miss you girl.

ps...i found you cause i was searing my tracksy account...cause i am a nerdular nerd.

Beckstar, Queen of the Galactic Robot Mafia said...

Yay!

So happy that you found me! I haven't actually done the mad call to visit the blog that I should... am just trying to see whether I actually update it regularly.

Then I remember - I'm a total egomaniac, so natch this will take off. :)

Thanks for stopping by - I hadn't heard the sweet Mario news - I may buy a DS, and soon. Loves it!

I am wearing a shirt right now that says 'web nerds fear me', which I custom-ordered on the internet. Thought you'd get a kick out of it.

Miss you too, my nerd + mario sister.

Rhya said...

woka woka woka
i love the shirt
ps....check out this link, might be of some intrest.

http://community.livejournal.com/topmodel/652906.html