05 December 2006

Virgin Mobile - Yours to Keep

Say what you will about animated universe ads, but throw in a catchy song, polka-dot elephants and a trippy flower explosion, and they're pretty watchable.

These are, I believe, the Christmas 2006 campaign for Virgin Mobile that ran in Canada. The song - Yours to Keep - is by Teddybears, and it features Neneh Cherry (seriously, remember her?) on vocals.


Take that GloboChem! Hey... isn't that from Mr. Show?


The last scene is for sure I would have been doing if I'd worked at Enron.

I was about to be a complete bore, and mention the contradiction between the pro-environment subtext in these ads and the environmental impact of the cell phones they promote.

But after checking the brand-spanking new Greenpeace Electronics Guide, I see that several companies are trying to make them more earth-friendly. Motorola in particular gets the "Most Improved Camper" award, moving up the list from a 1.7 rating to a 6 in the last three months.

Maybe I can justify that Gold RAZR I'm coveting...

No comments: