07 December 2006

6 of the 50 Greatest Ads of the ’80's

So Giant Magazine has put together a long shortlist of the 50 Greatest Commercials of the 1980's. Awesome.

There are quite a few to get through, so I've pulled my six particular favourites here... enjoy!


Sadly, the My Buddy campaign, as I remember it, was used mainly to tormet less popular kids. Along the lines of 'Who are you going to the dance with? Your My Buddy?'


Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Nintendo + Terrible Product Rap?


On a 'creepy scale' from 1 to 10, this ad came in at 30, raped numbers one through four, and has the rest of them chained to its radiator.


Early cell-phone ad... You've got the whole world in your hand... which can only move about three feet from your car. And costs $800. See? They've been marketing to me 1988, and I still refuse to own a cellphone. I am the last unicorn.


The joke's on you, mustache dad. I'm not totally sure why a dad that smokes pot himself would be so aggro about his child's use, but hey - it was the 80's. Things didn't make sense.


Uh... hello? Shatner plus the Wonder Computer of the 1980's. And it was only $300. Take that Hundred Dollar Laptop crew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am totally into old 80s arcade games. i'm slightly sad the biltmore night moved cos the most fun I ever had there was playing ms pac man while totally wasted.