02 October 2006

Mascots loose in Manhatten...

So Advertising Week has announced the winners of its annual icon/slogan competition.

The icon winner is one of my all-time personal favourites. You know him, you love him... it's KOOL-AID MAN!

Now most of you don't know my secret shame, but I used to have a Koolaid problem (cough cough candy raver period cough). It was a two-month phase in grade 11, ending with me snorting a line of strawberry Koolaid in the back of a chemistry class on a dare from my friend Chris Wilson, who owned fun fur pants and wore a soother. Good times. It's nice to see the figure responsible for my rock bottom get some recognition.

Anyway, I'm stumbling out of memory lane with a neon pink sinus cavity, so let's fill out this post by enjoying some of the photos from last year's 2005 Advertising Week, shall we?


Mascots take the stage. Even everyone's favourite racist joke - the California Raisins - gets a turn on the podium.


Trolling for whores... trolling for whores.


In a feat of astounding heroism, the standoffish Mr. Peanut gives chase to drunk driving Tony the Tiger. Tony's offensive yells of 'Heyyyy, suck on this, peanut! It's Grrrrrreat!' do little to stop the take-down.


McGruff the Crime Dog quietly urges Mayor Bloomburg to walk ahead, so that he can take a dump on the sidewalk with dignity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh yeahhhhhh.
Love that spokespitcher.

(couldn't figure out how to embed a vid - I'm not that strong a blogger - but my favourite Koolaid Spokespitcher cameo is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB1xgdOkdxw)

Beckstar, Queen of the Galactic Robot Mafia said...

I love it!

Family Guy rules so hard.