19 August 2007

August in Vancouver - raining cupcakes

Cupcake addiction? Let's not go there.

My girl Marina is getting married next weekend and, as one of the bridesmaids, my job this weekend was to send her off in a drunken, hedonistic fever. Obviously, to the Beckstar, this means a cupcakestravaganza.

For you, woeful readers... I document it all in a photo essay.


The all-important 'pretend the fructose is a huge pile of cocaine' stage.


The setup for candying edible flowers - lazy variation: use of feather in place of paintbrush. Hey - whatever works, right?


The beautiful end result of project flower candy.


Mixmaster Beckstar.


Tasting of batter is extremely important at regular intervals. This is all entirely standard, and should not be questioned.


Enjoying a fresh warm batch of cupcakes. Is there any finer pleasure?


My signature recipe - cheesecake cupcakes. Drooooooool.



Batch 2 - Pineapple Coconut Cream Cheese Cupcakes. Fuck yeah!


And the gorgeous vanilla sisters. Can I get an amen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I thought that was a huge pile of blow and I thought you were the luckiest woman alive. That would be one hell of a party. Who knows, it might actually be coke, how the hell else could you make that many cupcakes. But if it is coke, call me. ;)