03 July 2007

An Apple Ate My Brain!

Okay now seriously.

How am I not supposed to feel like a techno-prescient oracle, considering the following:

1. I have long said that I would only get a cell-phone when a device was developed that met all of my portable digital needs:

- Phone
- Music
- PDA
- Web Browser/Email
- Nintendo Hand-held Gaming System


2. NINTENDO IS DEVELOPING GAMES FOR THE IPHONE!!.

Okay, so the evidence is paltry. But seriously... how amazing if it were true?

And why not really - I've also long said that Macintosh and Nintendo are very similar in their business approach and company personality. To whit:

- long-lasting in highly-competitive tech industries, without majority market share

- highly entrepreneurial/innovative development model - track record of inventing revolutionary products (iPod, Wii, Macintosh 128K, GameBoy etc.)

- some high profile failures (GameCube, Macintosh TV)

- clean, minimalist design aesthetic, with tendencies toward 'cute' imagery

- etc. etc.


In other cool links, check out the Evolution of Apple Products:



And while you're at it - PC World's initial response to the iPhone points to 10 things they did well, and 10 things that need improvement for the next generation. Which is when I'd better have one of these in my hot little hands...

No comments: