07 April 2007

Alanis humps Fergie...

First of all: on this post's title. Ewwwwww and sorry. I couldn't resist.

So who knew I would be writing a pro-Alanis post?

Yes, this is probably one of the twenty-seven harbingers of coming apocalypse, but seriously - can you tell me her parody of The Black Eyed Peas insipid and asinine My Humps song isn't totally amazing?


I think I just forgave her for this song.

EDIT: There is also (thanks Nikki!) a great Peaches cover of this song, called My Dumps that she was performing long before Alanis did this version. That last one is live footage from a burlesque performance for SXSW, and so it's definitely a nsfw kind of link. In an even more meta kind of move, Peaches recently did an Alanis-style cover of My Dumps, which really isn't all that funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa -- you think "Too Hot" is the song Alanis needs to be forgiven for?

What about "Ironic" --- the real irony is that Ms. Morrisette has absolutely no concept of the word ironic...she should have titled that song "Annoying" or, even better, "The Bane of Grade 10 Mika's Existence"

Unknown said...

Not that I am an alannis defender, but at least she has never used "my lovely lady lumps" in a song.

...Nikkisworld said...

Have you seen the Peaches version that mocks Alanis called 'My Dumps'? It truly rules over this one...I can't decide which one I find more annoying: Alanis or Fergie....Peaches rules!